Alert Level 3 - Prepare, Prevent, Protect.
At Alert Level 3 we must be vigilant. We can keep working together to unite against the Coronavirus by sticking to the rules.
Limiting our interactions with others is our best defence against the Coronavirus. Under Alert Level 3 we must continue to stay in our household bubbles whenever we are not at work, school, buying the groceries or exercising.
People must stay within their household bubble but can expand this to reconnect with close family, or bring in caregivers, or support isolated people. It’s important to protect your bubble if you extend it.
Keep your bubble exclusive and only include people where it will keep you and them safe and well. If anyone within your bubble feels unwell, they should self-isolate from everyone else within your bubble.
Examples of expanding your bubble
• If a relative or loved one lives locally and is currently alone, you can extend your bubble to include them.
• If you are returning to work and need to make childcare or other care arrangements for those already in your bubble, a care provider can join your bubble.
Gatherings and events
Gatherings and events create a very high risk of transmitting the Coronavirus. At Alert Level 3, we are keeping tight restrictions on gatherings. The only permitted gatherings of up to 10 people are for:
• wedding ceremonies, not receptions.
Examples of gatherings and events
If you hold a wedding ceremony:
• the 10-person limit means there can only be the couple, the celebrant, a couple of witnesses and family
• those who do attend must keep themselves and others safe
• keep a list of those who attend, stay at least 2 meters apart and wash hands regularly.
Most people will still need to attend through video conferencing.