Alert Level 4 - Prepare, Prevent, Protect.
New Zealand needs your support to eliminate COVID-19 and the Delta variant.
Everyone must now stay home in their bubble.
You can only leave home for essential personal movement, like to:
- shop for groceries
access necessary healthcare
- get a COVID-19 test or vaccination
exercise in your local area
- go to work if you are an Alert Level 4 worker and you cannot work from home.
Only make physical contact with those in your household bubble.
If you live alone, you may arrange with another person living alone or a household to be part of your household bubble. This arrangement must be exclusive between you and the other household.
At Alert Level 4 you can still access all the essentials you need, including medicine and food.
Covid-19 is an illness that can affect your lungs and breathing by a type of Coronavirus.
There are some simple steps you can take to protect you and your family and fight the spread of the Coronavirus.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food with sick people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 (for free) if you have any symptoms or have been in close contact with someone confirmed with the Coronavirus.