APPLY FOR OUR
The Government has made $1.1 million available through the Prepare Pacific Community Vaccination Fund to directly support Pacific community-led initiatives towards increasing vaccination uptake.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
To ensure Pacific peoples are fully vaccinated in the Auckland region or in areas with high Pacific populations.
The fund will support community driven action (mobilisation initiatives) that leads to full Covid-19 vaccinations for Pacific peoples in Auckland. This may extend outside of Auckland depending on approval from the Funder.
The Ministry of Health has made available $1.1 million to support community action (mobilisation initiatives) that leads to vaccinations. The fund will be administered by The Cause Collective who are behind the Prepare Pacific campaign.
Applications will only be accepted by completing the online application form on www.preparepacific.nz
You can download the application questions here, and use it to assist with preparing your draft application.
This fund has a focus on the following:
- Ethnic specific Pacific communities.
- Pacific churches.
- Pacific youth groups.
- Pacific sport groups
We will fund community action and mobilisation initiatives that result in Pacific peoples in Auckland being fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Examples of what we will fund:
- Vaccination events held at Pacific churches, sports or youth facilities, or community halls.
- Transportation costs to support hard to reach communities to be vaccinated.
- Health education sessions to provide information prior to a vaccination event.
- Resource development.
- Activities already funded through other government services or contracts.
- Be an Auckland based Pacific group or organisation.
- Be an incorporated legal entity (e.g incorporated society, charitable trust, registered charity or charitable company) with an organisation bank account name that is the same as legal entity as well as IRD number. This can include a legal entity that can act as an ‘umbrella organisation’ for non-incorporated community groups.
- Complete your intended activities by 30 June 2022.
We will use the following criteria to assess applications:
- The applicant demonstrates strong community connections and established relationships to undertake what they are proposing to do
- The applicant demonstrates they have the capacity and capability to implement what is proposed
- Completes a plan and budget template
You will need the incorporation number or NZBN (if you are an incorporated society, charitable trust or charitable company) or a Charity registration number (CC#) if you are a registered charity, bank account details of your community organisation and GST number (if applicable).
Absolutely, our team is available to assist with supporting groups to link with Pacific providers, mobile and BUSIFIKA VAX bus vaccination events, through to group bookings at Pacific vaccination sites.
Applications will be assessed within a week of receiving documentation but we will endeavour to inform groups as soon as possible.
If your application is successful, we will organise an initial payment of 70% of the total approved funding. The balance will be paid subject to receipt of the final report and review of the vaccination numbers achieved.
All successful applicants will be required to provide a final report on your mobilisation initiative. The reporting requirements will be set out in the funding agreement which will include the number of vaccinations completed at your mobilisation initiative. Where appropriate, we will work with you and your group to complete the final report.
You will also be asked to contribute content for external communications such as social media or
photography or videography relating to your mobilisation initiative.
Our ultimate aim is to protect our Pacific families by getting as many of our people vaccinated. The vaccination target is one of the key measures of your mobilisation initiative and will be a key part of assessing your application.
We encourage you to be realistic on setting the vaccination target for your mobilisation initiative.
The Prepare Pacific campaign is an online communications and community outreach campaign run by The Cause Collective. This is supported by the Ministry of Health and Northern Region DHBs to ensure that there is strong alignment to key messaging and resource development through the Prepare Pacific Facebook page and website. We also support community capability building, radio campaigns, and work with Pacific young people, ethnic-specific and church communities.